[Users] Failing tests on Expanse

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Thu Jun 2 10:02:54 CDT 2022

Hello Gabriele,

ok, I can at least partially answer this. Indeed RNS's A2 test is code
to use only 1 MPI rank:

TEST rnsA2
{
  PROCS 1
}

and thus the most likely reason is that ibrun just pulls the number of
MPI ranks from SLURM rather than from whatever simfactory tries to use.

Since ibrun is no longer documented on the SDSC page (at least I do not
see it on https://www.sdsc.edu/support/user_guides/expanse.html), maybe
the easiest fix is to remove it and use the srun command they document
now?