[Users] Meeting minutes for 2022-06-02
mgracia at austin.utexas.edu
Thu Jun 2 10:21:46 CDT 2022
Present: Beyhan, Roland H., Miguel G., Yosef Z., Atul K., Peter D. , Bruno G., Johnny Tsao, Leo W., Hector I.
Chair: Peter D.
Minutes: Miguel G.
* Next ET release<https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Release_Process>, Details<https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Release_Details>.
Yosef: NS-NS gallery example giving NaNs at iteration 0 is failing but only particular machines.
-New release will be announce later today.
-Release manager search for next release:
Roland will do it for the November release with Peter D. support.
-Modules suggested for inclusion for next release
Self force (Peter will review it), FLRW-solver (probably), Zach NRPy elliptic initial data Thorn. Similar to twoPunctures. Fully documented and ready for inclusion for next release.
* ET CI server<https://rhaas80.github.io/einsteintoolkit> improvements [RH]
Jenkins went away, Roland’s old student set up using github actions, suggestion are welcome to improve, Roland’s student has 8 weeks to work on this.
Zach want to know more about the Et testing system, Roland suggest to have a discussion after or during the summer school.
• ET summer school<https://einsteintoolkit.github.io/et2022uidaho> at Idaho
Missing some participants transportation and LIGO field responses. In order to be considered we encourage participants to do so. Still missing abstracts, we encourage presenters to send their abstract.
Proof of vaccination and booster are required to get access to LIGO facilities.
- hackathon topics
hackathon<https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/ET_hackathon> topics ticketing system and propose any of the open tickets as topic.
- Zach: Need volunteers to help moderating letting people in to zoom sessions.
• We would like to promote NR community summer school at brown Aug 8-12. For more information: NR community summer school<http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2022-May/008504.html>
* move ET call to different timeslot<https://ekohaes8.ncsa.illinois.edu/~rhaas/doodle.html> due to scheduling conflicts [RH]: best options are Mon 9am, 10am, Thu 8am, 9am, 10am, best to keep current slot Thu 9am
* Unanswered question on mailing list:
Issue with AHFinderDirect thorn:
Yosef thinks he has seen similar errors related with the AH position with respect to the origin. Suggested to check the parameter file and the regriding parameter.
Expanse testing- might be a bug in simfactory, Roland will answered and the fix will be included in the release.
* Open tickets
hackathon will not need registration, announcement will be sent separately.
#ticket #2601 under review by Roland.
Beyhan: In BBH gallery example, only two refinement levels why not three?. Zach: Two centres are enough. Carpet merges the two refinement leves at the origin when the third BH appears so no need to include a third one. For BNS is better to have two ref levels that combine and form a big enclosing box to avoid matter fluxes in the refinement boundaries. Use trigger thorn to add more refinement levels when a BH forms.
end of the call
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Users