[Users] Meeting minutes for 2022-06-30
mgracia at austin.utexas.edu
Thu Jun 30 09:49:55 CDT 2022
Present: Keith, Roland H., Steven B., Miguel G., Yosef Z., Shanshan R., Leo W., Zach E..
Chair: Yosef Z.
Minutes: Miguel G.
Next ET Release:
* Canuda scalar and complex fields ticket<https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2485/include-complex-and-real-scalar-evolution> Roland will contact the authors. A reviewer will be needed. Anybody from UTAustin?
* FLRW solver ticket<https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2549/inlcude-flrwsolver-in-et> .Helvi was a reviewer, Roland can help. The solver somehow needs python, uncertain if those dependancies can change.
* SelfForce-1D ticket<https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2602/include-regge-wheeler-zerilli-gauge-self> SelfForce will be reviewed by Peter.
* NRPyElliptic (no ticket yet, talk<https://einsteintoolkit.github.io/et2022uidaho/lectures/10-Lecture3/index.html>) Zach is creating a ticket for it. The Thorn is ready. The documentation remains unfinished. Leo is working on it.
* FUKA v2 (maybe, see announcement<http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2022-June/008586.html>) Just the reader would no that hard but FUKA has Kadath and other library dependencies . Authors should be contacted.
* ID readers for SGRID<https://einsteintoolkit.github.io/et2022uidaho/lectures/09-Talk2/index.html> and Elliptica<https://einsteintoolkit.github.io/et2022uidaho/lectures/20-Talk4/index.html>. Including more initial data solvers in the toolkit is a good idea. Will require commitment from the authors.
ET summer school<https://einsteintoolkit.github.io/et2022uidaho> at Idaho recap [ZE]
General positive feedback, excellent GPU based tutorials. Talks on initial data solvers were exciting, Most of initial solvers are going to be open source.
~ 35 participants in person and ~100 virtual.
The recordings will be available in the ET Youtube channel but not soon. The videos are not edited, looking for volunteers to help with basic cropping video editing. Roland the first volunteer.
Finalizing budget numbers. The reimbursements are being process. Going to take some time.
* Missing updates for gallery examples [RH]
* BBH<https://www.einsteintoolkit.org/gallery/bbh/index.html> Steve ran it partially. Will try to finish it soon
* TOV<https://www.einsteintoolkit.org/gallery/ns/index.html> Peter was in charge of this one.
* BNS<https://www.einsteintoolkit.org/gallery/bns/index.html> Yosef: intel 19 is not working. works fine with gcc. He will update once they found what is causing the problem.
• Next ET school hosted by RIT or LSU? TBD
* Unanswered question on mailing list:
#2615 Roland is answering to the ticket.
#2604 Sanshan: Problems compiling the toolkit in MacOs Monterrey, could be a machine naming issue. Adding -fopenmp -lgfortran in LDFLAGS, on an intel based Mac in the optionlist might fix it.
#963 Zach will update the reference for clarification.
# 2613 Can be closed, Steve approved.
#2612 Steve agreed Roland’s fix.
# 2611 Roland will work on it and close it.
end of the call
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Users