[Users] Avoiding writing one checkpoint file per MPI process

Erik Schnetter schnetter at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 12:49:08 CDT 2022

Lorenzo

The thorn `Carpet/CarpetSimulationIO` can write N output files on M
processes, and uses an efficient mechanism to map in between. That is,
it uses the high-speed interconnect instead of disk I/O to exchange
data.

This thorn is, to my knowledge, not used in production, so you'd want
to test it before you use it. It needs the `SimulationIO` external
library.

-erik

Erik Schnetter <schnetter at gmail.com>