[Users] Issue with compiling ET on cluster

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Wed Nov 2 10:57:02 CDT 2022

Hello all,

First: thank you for including all the output and configuration files.
This helps a lot!

> The actual error message is
>
> /home2/mallick/ET4/Cactus/arrangements/CactusUtils/Vectors/src/vectors.h(1224):
> error: invalid type for defaulted constructor
>     vmask(vmask &&) = default;
>
> The code in question is standard C++ code. I don't understand why the
> compiler would not accept it. I see that you are using an old (2013)
> version of the Intel compiler; can you try using a newer compiler?
> This might be a bug in the compiler.

In most cases of C++ errors involving the intel compiler that I have
seen in the recent past, the issue was the that the Intel C++ compiler
relies on the C++ template library of the GNU compiler (g++). It needs
to be told to use a new enough library usually.

I would try and do the following:

* find a g++ compiler that it at least gcc 6
* add -gxx-name PATH-TO-NEW-G++ to your CXXFLAGS
* compile from scratch

See eg:

https://www.einsteintoolkit.org/about/releases/ET_2022_05_announcement.html

or