[Users] Graduate Assistantship Opportunity

Steven R. Brandt sbrandt at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Nov 30 13:36:50 CST 2022

Numerical relativity or computational science graduate assistant
position at LSU

The Center for Computation and Technology is currently seeking to fill a
graduate student research positions to develop the CarpetX
(https://bitbucket.org/eschnett/cactusamrex/src/master/) and/or NRPy+
(https://github.com/stevenrbrandt/nrpytutorial.git) frameworks under the
umbrella of the Einstein Toolkit (https://einsteintoolkit.org).

We are looking for a dedicated student from physics, computer science,
or related fields who is proficient in C++ as well as Python, who is
comfortable with the Linux programming environment, and who has strong
mathematical skills.

We are looking for highly qualified individuals interested in pursuing
research in the fields of numerical relativity, theoretical and
computational astrophysics, with an emphasis on general relativistic
magneto-hydrodynamics simulations of compact object mergers, such as
accreting binary, massive, black holes and binary neutron stars.

Application reviews will be begin immediately and continue until the
position is filled. Starting dates, duration and a competitive salary
are negotiable.

Please send resumes to sbrandt at cct.lsu.edu