[Users] Avoiding writing one checkpoint file per MPI process

Lorenzo Ennoggi lorenzo.ennoggi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 11:28:34 CDT 2022

Hello,
In order to avoid stressing the filesystem on the cluster I'm running on, I
was suggested to avoid writing one output/checkpoint file per MPI process
and instead collecting data from multiple processes before
outputting/checkpointing happens. I found the combination of parameters

IO::out_mode       = "np"
IO::out_proc_every = 8

does the job for output files, but I still have one checkpoint file per
process. Is there a similar parameter, or combination of parameters, which
can be used for checkpoint files?

Thank you very much,
Lorenzo Ennoggi