[Users] meeting minutes for 2022-10-13

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Fri Oct 14 11:44:26 CDT 2022

Present: Roland, Peter, Steve, Beyhan, Keith, Leo, Lorenzo, Sam, Zach

ET release:
* feature freeze today
* no progress testing yet
* Roland will send email with release date
* Roland will send email to contributors about authorship etc.
* Steve would like to get pull request to change scalar READS/WRITES t
  be "everywhere" by default

Tickets:
*
https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2654/pr-for-admanalysis-trace-function-with
ADMAnalysis has incorrect PROVIDES FUNCTION prototype (OUT when IN is
correct)

*
https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2653/carpet-presync-triggering-syncs-for-all
has a fix provided but needs to be reviewed

*
  https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2648/empty-applybcs-call-in-leanbssnmol
  has superfluous ApplyBCs schedule. Zach says this had been copied
  from Lean_public and can be removed. Zach suggests reaching out to
  Lean developers.

Unanswered questions:
*
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2022-October/008719.html
about reducing number of checkpoints. Roland suggests that reducing
checkpoint frequency to one per segment may not be worse than 8hrs
since output HDF5 files tend to get corrupted if open when the code
crashes

* Leo will create pull request to handle time refinement in tracers for
  IGM correctly

* Discussed how re-generating Baikal is handled about how to best
  handle inclusion of readme and documentation files.

next week chair: Sam
next week minute taker: Leo