[Users] Meeting minutes for 2022-09-08
Leonardo Rosa Werneck
wernecklr at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 10:44:08 CDT 2022
Here are the minutes from today’s meeting.
Chair: Peter Minutes: Leo Present: Peter Diener, Leo Werneck, Sam Cupp,
Zach Etienne, Keith Dow, Steve Brandt, Beyhan, Gabriele Bozzola,
Roland Haas, Yosef Zlochower
* Updates on new thorns proposed for inclusion and revisions:
- NRPyEllipticET: got nice feedback from reviewers. Leo will be
working on updates over the next couple of weeks.
- SelfForce1D: no progress during the past week.
- Baikal: Updates are mostly going to be applied to the code
- FLRW Solver: thorn has been thoroughly reviewed for best
programming practices and is looking good.
- Canuda Solver: No update since no reviewer or champion present.
* Zach announces: CarpetX-compatible versions of Baikal and IllinoisGRMHD
will be developed. "BaikalX" may already exist, will look into it.
* Steve asks: can NRPyElliptic handle the surfaces of NSs when generating
ID? Zach says: BNS initial data will be the subject of a future project.
There is no doubt that NRPyElliptic can solve the elliptic problem, but
the techniques requires for handling the NS surface are yet not
* Zach suggests: some of ADMBase's functionalities (e.g., setting ID) should
be moved elsewhere, as currently the thorn does (too) much more than what
its name suggests.
Leonardo R. Werneck, Ph.D.
Office EP 314 | Department of Physics | University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Dr. MS 0903
Moscow, ID 83844-0903, USA
leonardo at uidaho.edu <mailto:leonardo at uidaho.edu>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Users