[Users] Adding extra object file at linking stage

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Mon Aug 7 08:28:26 CDT 2023

Hello Elias,

This was held for moderation. For now I clicked on accept. Maybe
you need to register / update your email to emost at caltech.edu ?

To link in a single object file may be tricky. It may indeed be easier
to turn it into a lib file:

ar cru libfoo.a bar.o
ranlib libfoo.a

the add

LIBS=foo
LIBDIRS=DIR-WITH-FOO

and to you option list.

Directly adding object files is something that Erik just created a pull
request for (for different reasons, though who knows it was AMReX
related):

https://bitbucket.org/cactuscode/cactus/pull-requests/155

If you are in a thorn then there may be a way to fudge things as well,
though when quickly trying this I have not been successful.