[Users] (no subject)

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Sat Aug 12 09:04:52 CDT 2023

Hello Thejas,

> I installed the toolkit 2023 version, and it showed an error:
>
> Parameter file:
> /home/thejas/Cactus/arrangements/CactusExamples/HelloWorld/par/HelloWorld.par
> Error: Executable /home/thejas/Cactus/exe/cactus_sim for configuration
> sim does not exist or is not readable
> Aborting Simfactory.
>

> previously I used the 2022 version and did the tov code, and got the
> output. I am now trying to do the multipatch wave equation.

Not finding the executable (cactus_sim) would mean that compilation
failed.

Do you see any error message when running

simfactory/bin/sim build

? If so, please try and follow the suggestions here:

http://einsteintoolkit.org/support.html#general-guidelines-for-questions

to provide all log file output.