[Users] Loss of precision after postintial?

Hayley Macpherson hayleyjmacpherson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 14:05:24 CDT 2023

Hi Roland,

Yes, there is a fluid and I am using GRHydro. But I have checked individual terms, and the matter terms are identical between my checks in HydroBase_Initial and my analysis of the HDF5 output.

I have pinpointed the difference to be coming from the terms with spatial derivatives of metric quantities, e.g., D_i trK and 3-Ricci tensor. The codes I use for these two calculations use the same routines, so all I can think of now is a possible precision issue somewhere.

I’ll keep investigating, but if you have any other ideas please let me know!

Best,
Hayley