[Users] meeting minutes for 2023-01-19

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Thu Jan 19 09:44:55 CST 2023

Present: Roland, Leo, Cheng-Hsin, Helvi, Keith, Sam, Steve, Yosef, Zach

new ET modules proposed
* went over the prior existing suggestions
* TwoPunctures extended to add extra fields
** not yet fully sure if will have publication published by the time
of the inclusion
** Sam and Leo pointed out that this is not a strict requirement but
might be good to do to avoid others using the code for the planned
publication
* will vote on new features 2 weeks from now (Feb 2nd)

NR school at UNAM
* Helvi Witek is in contact with Miguel Alcubierre to set up a summer
  school on NR at UNAM
* will try and use ET tutorial server
* will contact Steve

Conference announcement
* Steve is co-organizing an adaptive many-tasks conference
  https://amte2023.stellar-group.org in Europe (Cyprus) in summer as
  part of EuroPar (https://2023.euro-par.org/)
* adaptive many tasks systems would be similar to HPX, Charm++,
  UIntah, etc. that have multiple small tasks that are scheduled in
  parallel
* audience is users and developers of these systems

SSL certificate for lists.einsteintoolkit.org
* Steve will contact LSU IT to ask to have the certificate update

Updates to agenda page
* agenda page for old agendas (pre 2017) has been separated from main
  agenda page

Steve is collection pictures related to past ET release
* will be available on mugs in Etsy store

Job openings:
* the AEI in Potsdam is advertising for a scientific programmer
  position
https://hyperspace.uni-frankfurt.de/2023/01/18/scientific-programmer-position-at-the-max-planck-institute-for-gravitational-physics-potsdam-germany/

No unanswered emails on the mailing list

No new interesting updated tickets.

No new tickets to review

Next week chair: Sam
Next week minutes: Steve