[Users] Only getting partial Waveform while running that parameter file in the gallery example for BBH GW150914

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Tue Jul 11 12:43:17 CDT 2023

Hello Vinod,

Yes, you will need to run the simulation until at least time=1400 to
see the merger that happened at time=900 at a detector located at r=500.

The expected_merger variable is, as far as I recall, only used to
"size" the domain so the exact value is not extremely critical but
should be about (and ideally not much smaller) than the actual merger
time (eg based on a post-Newtonian prediction).

If possible, please keep users at einsteintoolkit.org in the addressee
list so that ohters can find this resolution as well.