[Users] rel. fluids in the Toolkit

Bill Gabella bill.gabella at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 10:58:19 CDT 2023

Okay this is a general question...how are relativistic fluids handled in
the Einstein Toolkit?  Yup, overly broad I know.  So more specifically,

o Are there good reviews, references, or lectures that describe how we
currently handle fluids?  For the different models?

o I gather we have several models/codes: GRHydro and IllinoisGRMHD, so
resources on those would be much appreciated.

o And initial data readers exist for the LORENE (1 and 2?) and for the
FUKA data...resources there might be helpful too.

I am hoping for some introductory information (a review would be great)
on all our fluid codes, as well as other codes used in other numerical
relativity systems.

Some context:  I rub elbows with mathematicians who work in
relativisitic fluids (ideal, viscous, etc) and they do not believe that
any codes out there can do fluids "correctly."  I am trying to
understand what we do in the Toolkit and also what they expect
"correctly" (my language) to be.

thanks for any help, bill e.g.