[Users] 3D output of staggered grid functions

Michail Chabanov chabanov at th.physik.uni-frankfurt.de
Fri Oct 6 08:56:18 CDT 2023

Hello,

I have a question regarding 3D HDF5 output of staggered grid functions,
e.g. the vector potential of IllinoisGRMHD.

So far, I have assumed that 3D HDF5 data will just contain the
respective grid function where the values are left unchanged from those
which are actually used during the evolution.

However, I have found some inconsistencies with this assumption in my
prost-process calculations where it seems as if the 3D output data
actually contains the respective grid function interpolated to the cell
vertices.

For a staggered function like the vector potential this would change its
value from the one actually used in the evolution.

So, my question is whether interpolation is used in Carpet for 3D HDF
output in order to compute the GFs cell vertices?

Thanks in advance and a nice weekend,

Michail