[Users] Help with Cactus Tutorial (updating fuka and building toolkit)

Delaney Farrell dfarrell at sdsu.edu
Tue Oct 24 13:10:01 CDT 2023

Hi,

I recently was granted access to a tutorial account but am having
difficulty running the Cactus tutorial notebook (account linked to this
email, username dfarrell). The first cell to encounter an error runs the
command ./GetComponents, which has the error:

Warning: Could not update fuka. Could not stash local changes. Error
message was 'error: open("codes/FUKAv1_Solvers/BBH/compile"):
Permission denied
fatal: Unable to process path codes/FUKAv1_Solvers/BBH/compile
Cannot save the current worktree state

>From there, I'm unable to build the toolkit, resulting in errors like:

CST error in /home/dfarrell/Cactus/lib/sbin/CST (at 319)
  -> Missing thorn WVUThorns_Diagnostics/VolumeIntegrals_vacuum

make[1]: *** [/home/dfarrell/Cactus/lib/make/make.configuration:213:
/home/dfarrell/Cactus/configs/sim/config-data/make.thornlist] Error 1
make: *** [Makefile:264: sim] Error 2

Best,
Delaney