[Users] Parameter file for a binary BH merger immersed in a scalar field

Samuel Gómez samuel.gomez.1940 at student.uu.se
Thu Feb 1 18:12:57 CST 2024

Hi!

My name is Samuel Gómez, physics student doing his master in Uppsala university, Sweden. Currently I am doing my master thesis with Joshua Eby from Stockholm University about the phenomenology of Gravitational Atoms around Neutron Stars and Black Holes.

I would like to perform numerical simulations for a BH binary merger around a scalar cloud with EinsteinToolkit. From now, I have been able to simulate the example of the TOV star given in the EinteinToolkit official page in my laptop and soon I will gain access to a computer cluster where I hopefully will be able to install the Toolkit and perform a simulation for the example of a binary merger. But my aim is to be able to perform, maybe in its simplest version, a simulation of a merger around a scalar field, extracting information about both the evolution of the BHs and the scalar field itself.

The problem I face is that I am not sure at all if I will be able to do it without any parameter file. As far as I understood, my current version of the Toolkit already has installed thorns related with the implementation of a scalar field (if I am not mistaken, one example is ScalarBase). I thus send this email asking if it is possible to obtain a parameter file for simulating this scenario, or to provide me with any information about an existing tutorial on how to write one. Something like this would help me a lot. I would appreciate any answer.

Thanks!