[Users] meeting minutes for 2024-02-08

Steven Brandt sbrandt at cct.lsu.edu
Thu Feb 8 09:42:32 CST 2024

- Present: Roland, Steve, Peter, Leo, Sam, Zach

- Release:
   - Still in feature proposal phase
   - Sam brought up release deadline on the CarpetX call:
     - LeanBSSN Molx
     - NewRadX
     - NPScalarsX
- Summer Schools:
   - June 3-7 US ET Workshop
   - July 8-12 EU ET Workshop
- Unanswered Questions:
   - Parameter file for BBH collision immersed in a scalar field. Helvi
should respond.
   - Compiling on Frontera: Have to remove certain thorns to compile. We
should be pushing the MakeThornList utility.
   - Compiling on Sciama: Bad compiler?
- Our mailing list server seems unable to send out emails, Steve will fix.
- We are running out of quota on Github, Roland will fix.
- Open Tickets:
   - Tootle's request for more control of the link line, ordering of
arguments. Maybe to use the ?_LIB_DIR to link and not use -L.