[Users] typo in GRHydro thorn guide?

Erik Schnetter schnetter at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 16:45:11 CST 2024

Bruno

I find the statement itself weird – the hydrodynamics equations break
down, full stop. What happens to the speed of sound and whether it is
even still defined depends on how to approach the vacuum limit. For
example, one can argue that the temperature will increase if one goes
to vacuum (it does in space), and thus the speed of sound would
increase. I would remove any statement about the speed of sound, and
maybe add the physical reason why the limit is not defined, with the
mean free path length becoming too large (hence we don't have
thermodynamics any more).

Apart from this your calculation looks correct to me. If you take \rho
-> 0 with k = const and \gamma = const then cs -> 0 .

-erik

Erik Schnetter <schnetter at gmail.com>