[Users] Status of support for multiple floating point precisions in Carpet?

Erik Schnetter schnetter at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 08:53:10 CST 2024

Erik

In principle both CCTK_REAL4 and CCTK_REAL8 should be supported.
CCTK_REAL16 never worked well because compilers disagree about its
layout and size.

(Integer types other than CCTK_INT4 should also be supported.)

To reduce compile time we then added the flags to disable support for
some of these types. It might be that this has bit-rotted and that
some newer code doesn't support CCTK_REAL4. It should be
"straightforward but tedious" to correct this.

I will have a brief look but might not have the time to correct all problems.

-erik

Erik Schnetter <schnetter at gmail.com>