[Users] R: Star disappear from grid

Gabriele Bozzola bozzola.gabriele at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 17:53:28 CST 2024

Dear Lorenzo,

It is to be expected that the region with the highest density and gravity
is the one with the highest constraint violation.

I think that the problem you are seeing is an output one.

(Disclaimer, this is my understanding; I might very well be wrong)

You have several refinement levels. Different refinement levels evolve at a
different pace (determined by your
time_refinement_factors, which by default is essentially proportionally to
your local dx), and iteration #4 (that you
are plotting) is not one where all the refinement levels are synced.

My guess is that the stars will appear if you plot iterations 128.

You might also be able use kuibit to inspect your HDF5 files and see what
refinement levels are in the data.

That would be something like:
```
import kuibit
print(SimDir("PATH_OF_DATA_FOLDER").gf.xy["rho"][4].available_refinement_levels)
```

Best,
Gabriele