[Users] meeting minutes for 2024-03-07

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Thu Mar 7 09:35:14 CST 2024

Present: Roland, Steve, Leo, Muhammad Rizwan, Samuel, Vaishak
Prasad, Zach

ET release:
* Steve has started reviewing Z4c, will contact Erik with questions
* Roland has not yet started reviewing Multipole, will contact Lucas,
  changes a re fairly small, Roland not sure if this is worthwhile a
  full review  and all
* NewRadX review under way, Alex in contact with Liwei about review
* No updates on Baikal rewrite
* Samuel has gallery example for FUKA ready, Will create a ticket.

ET US summer school and workshop:
* Steve has room reserved, has coffee organized
* Steve is working on organisatorial details for LIGO trip
* Steve will arrange for meeting with the org committee for program
* would add ET US and ET EU times to front page of ET website, would
  want meeting website for this

SPECv8:
* now at stage 4 of 6

ET testing system:
* needs some bugfixing, Roland is out of time
* current larger issues are: running out of quota on github, tests do
  not detect build failures
* suggestion to have this as a Google summer of code project
** do add this to ET CSSI call agenda
** do contact HPX group who usually proposes these
** will need multiple project for students to choose from

Unanswered questions:

*
  http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2024-February/009239.html
  about presync and CCTK_DEBUG. This should be fixed in
  https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2781

Tickets:

* https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2772 Samuel is
  doing final testing, after which proposed change can be merged and
  ticket closed

* https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2647 Steve and
  Roland will continue on working on incorporating this

* https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2774 no progress
  yet