Ian,
  thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers,
Bruno


Il giorno mer 3 nov 2021 alle ore 16:39 Ian Hawke <I.Hawke@soton.ac.uk> ha scritto:
Yes; the "difference" is that the "num_flux" in the two cases are different (one will contain the lapse, the other not, as undensitized) [I think]. So the implemented case with the explicit averaged lapse at each interface should directly approximate the standard form, but effectively uses a different reconstruction approach for gauge vs the rest of the flux.

I have memories of trying both approaches when playing with WENO reconstruction early on, and it making little difference. There should be no problem with scaling by any term that does not explicitly depend on terms within the hydro state vector.

From: Roland Haas <rhaas@illinois.edu>
Sent: 03 November 2021 15:31
To: Ian Hawke <I.Hawke@soton.ac.uk>
Cc: carpetx-developers@einsteintoolkit.org <carpetx-developers@einsteintoolkit.org>
Subject: Re: lapse terms in Whisky's fluxes
 
CAUTION: This e-mail originated outside the University of Southampton.
_______________________________________________
Carpetx-developers mailing list
Carpetx-developers@einsteintoolkit.org
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/carpetx-developers


--

Prof. Bruno Giacomazzo
Department of Physics
University of Milano-Bicocca
Piazza della Scienza 3
20126 Milano
Italy

email: bruno.giacomazzo@unimib.it
phone: (+39) 02 6448 2321

web: http://www.brunogiacomazzo.org

----------------------------------------------------------------------
There are only 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand binary, and those who don't
----------------------------------------------------------------------