I don't remember -- did we say we wanted to include thorn ADM, or leave it out?
It uses old APIs that we want to disable at some point (doesn't use MoL, uses the old CalcTmunu interface, doesn't support higher order differencing, is not parallelised with OpenMP, etc.). It also takes a long time to compile, and I doubt that people will be interested in it.
Should we leave it out of our Einstein Toolkit thorn list?
If people are interested in an ADM code, then we can use our Kranc- generated ADM code that is part of McLachlan (although I still don't think people will be interested).
-erik
Hi,
On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 08:18:57PM -0500, Frank Loeffler wrote:
On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 02:02:59PM -0500, Erik Schnetter wrote:
I don't remember -- did we say we wanted to include thorn ADM, or leave it out?
I think we agreed to leave it out. Nobody is really interested in it anymore.
I think it would be good to keep a baseline implementation of ADM around. This would be useful for educational purposes, for example.
- Christian
On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 06:43:49PM -0700, Christian D. Ott wrote:
I think it would be good to keep a baseline implementation of ADM around. This would be useful for educational purposes, for example.
Oh, yes of course. As Erik pointed out we could use a kranc-generated thorn for that. Continuing the old ADM thorn will probably be more hassle than help.
And if, for some reason, the old thorn should still be needed for something it could still be used from some archive.
Frank
How about I add a web page of things we would like people to contribute or develop for the toolkit (like a basic well tested ADM evolver). Some of these could be good initial projects for students getting into NumRel.
On Apr 13, 2010, at 11:45 PM, Frank Loeffler wrote:
On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 06:43:49PM -0700, Christian D. Ott wrote:
I think it would be good to keep a baseline implementation of ADM around. This would be useful for educational purposes, for example.
Oh, yes of course. As Erik pointed out we could use a kranc-generated thorn for that. Continuing the old ADM thorn will probably be more hassle than help.
And if, for some reason, the old thorn should still be needed for something it could still be used from some archive.
Frank
Developers mailing list Developers@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/developers
developers@lists.einsteintoolkit.org