#2455: Cannot build ET: Assumed-rank argument requires an explicit interface at (1)
| Reporter: | He Jia |
| Status: | open |
| Milestone: | |
| Version: | |
| Type: | bug |
| Priority: | minor |
| Component: |
Comment (by Roland Haas):
@He Jia these errors indicate that your wvuthorns and other repositorys (mclachlan) is not on the newest master and in particular is lacking some commits.
I am afraid the branch rhaas/test_full_pointerto is only applicable to a master checkout of the toolkit and not an ET_2020_05 checkout.
For using the release code, and if you really need to use the old gcc 4.8 compiler (which I advise against), please try one of the two alternatives I had suggested: if that is not possible you will have to either go back to check out ET_2020_05_v0 instead of the branch ET_2020_05 or (manually) edit configs/sim/config-data/cctk_Config.h and change HAVE_CCTK_F_TYPE_STAR from 1 to 0.
Note that in my tests gcc 4.9 works fine with the release code.
To checkout out ET_2020_05_v0 (not the _v0) you will have to edit the thornlist einsteintoolkit.th that GetComponents uses to set RELEASE_BRANCH to ET_2020_05_v0 instead of ET_2020_05.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2455/cannot-build-et-assumed-rank-argument