#2717: conflicting barriers in CarpetLib
| Reporter: | Roland Haas |
| Status: | new |
| Milestone: | |
| Version: | |
| Type: | bug |
| Priority: | minor |
| Component: | Carpet |
To debug some Cactus issues on the Delta cluster I am running simulations using:
CarpetLib::barriers = "yes" CarpetLib::barrier_between_stages = "yes" Carpet::barriers = "yes" Carpet::schedule_barriers = "yes" Carpet::sync_barriers = "yes"
which results in failure:
WARNING level 0 from host cn045.delta.internal.ncsa.edu process 47 while executing schedule bin CCTK_RECOVER_VARIABLES, routine IOUtil::IOUtil_RecoverGH in thorn CarpetLib, file /scratch/rhaas/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetLib/src/dist.cc:210: -> Wrong id for Barrier "CarpetLib::gdata::gdata": expected 783988953d, found 404924393d exec: /scratch/rhaas/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/Carpet/src/helpers.cc:275: int Carpet::Abort(const _cGH *, int): Assertion `0' failed.
I expect this will be avoidable if I reduce the number of barriers used, so is not a major issue.
The two barriers involved (based on their tags) are the one in the gdata::gdata constructor and commstate::step “CarpetLib::comm_state::step”.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2717/conflicting-barriers-in-carpetlib