#718: Delete config-info before reconfiguring with an option list
| Reporter: | Erik Schnetter |
| Status: | wontfix |
| Milestone: | |
| Version: | |
| Type: | bug |
| Priority: | minor |
| Component: | SimFactory |
Comment (by Roland Haas):
That would be bad. I gave this a try right now and as far as I can tell that is not happening.
I copied my existing config-info to the Cactus root (ie out of its normal place) then modified it by removing CFLAGS and after running make sim-config options=foo.cfg the newly written config-info no longer has a CFLAGS setting (which was still present in configs/sim/config-info when I ran make sim-config.
ParseConfigInfo is in CSTUtil which is part of CST and later than sim-config which instead runs lib/make/setup_configuration.pl. In there config-info is populated with data from the subroutine SetConfigureEnv whose $config_file is the argument to options= passed to make. The Per script completely overwrites config-info, never reading from it. The CST and later parts then read in config-info.
Note that sim-reconfig does read from config-info but simfactory's --reconfig option to build calls sim-config and not sim-reconfig.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/718/delete-config-info-before-reconfiguring