#2482: Inconsistency in Simfactory submission scripts
| Reporter: | Steven R. Brandt |
| Status: | new |
| Milestone: | |
| Version: | |
| Type: | bug |
| Priority: | major |
| Component: | SimFactory |
Comment (by Steven R. Brandt):
I’m a little unclear about what is different about the clusters. In particular, I’d be interested in knowing if the behavior of this script is different. I expect that Slurm sets its environment variables the same way everywhere and that mpirun (I used mpich) will interpret those variables in a consistent way. The script below prints a hostname 8 times, 4 from one node and 4 from another. Does this basic behavior change by cluster?
#!/bin/bash #SBATCH -N 2 -n 6 #SBATCH --partition=checkpt #SBATCH --ntasks-per-node=4 env | grep SLURM > slurm-env.txt # SLURM_TASKS_PER_NODE has format NUM1(xNUM2) # SLURM_NTASKS is the product of NUM1 and NUM2 # SLURM_NNODES is NUM2 # SLURM_JOB_NUM_NODES is NUM2 TASKS_PER_NODE=$(echo ${SLURM_TASKS_PER_NODE} | cut -f1 -d\() echo "SLURM_TASKS_PER_NODE=$SLURM_TASKS_PER_NODE" echo "TASKS_PER_NODE=$TASKS_PER_NODE" echo "SLURM_NTASKS=$SLURM_NTASKS" echo "SLURM_JOB_NUM_NODES=$SLURM_JOB_NUM_NODES" mpirun hostname
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2482/inconsistency-in-simfactory-submission