#2413: Include "POWER" code to extrapolate waveforms to scri+ into ET
Reporter:Roland Haas
Status:open
Milestone:
Version:
Type:task
Priority:major
Component:EinsteinToolkit thorn

Comment (by Gabriele Bozzola):

What I had in mind is that one can put power.py in their PATH and use it for all their simulations without having to touch the code. This requires the parameters to be adjustable via command-line. But if that is not the designed way of using the tool, that would be fine.

Also, for clarity, instead of defining a string FROM_TWOPUNCTURES that is going to be compared to something that is morally a float (f0 and ADMMass), I would recommend setting the default of two parameters to None in the function definitions, and then checking if value is None. If not, one can assume that the values from TwoPunctures are used (which is what is happening now). So, something along the lines of

if f0 is None:
  f0 = getCutoffFrequencyFromTwoPuncturesBBH(meta_name)

(As someone that is not familiar with the code, I found the FROM_TWOPUNCTURES variable very confusing, but maybe its role will be clarified by the documentation.)

Two additional comments are: