#2234: trouble in the tutorial server
| Reporter: | Bill Gabella |
| Status: | new |
| Milestone: | ET_2019_02 |
| Version: | |
| Type: | bug |
| Priority: | major |
| Component: | Other |
Comment (by Roland Haas):
I am trying this myself now.
I do see that it does not update itself for long running operations like the ET compile where the state is not updated ie (*) sticks around.Maybe this is some sort of webserver timeout. It is also possible that the link stage uses more memory than allowed (the containers are limited to 8GB and at least on clusters [comet, specifically] I have seen Cactus use that much to compile).
What browser/OS were you using? Mine is Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:64.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/64.0
Initially "Hello, World!" did not run properly (skeleton simulation directory was created but no output files), deleting it and trying again did work.
I do see the (fatal) "The value of the MCA parameter "plm_rsh_agent" was set to a path that could not be found: plm_rsh_agent: ssh : rsh Please either unset the parameter, or check that the path is correct" error. Which is odd given that this used to work before.
Other things of note:
%write cell using the full parfile content--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2234/trouble-in-the-tutorial-server