#2236: Formaline fails for trying to remove non-existent file
| Reporter: | Steven R. Brandt |
| Status: | open |
| Milestone: | |
| Version: | |
| Type: | bug |
| Priority: | major |
| Component: | EinsteinToolkit thorn |
Comment (by Steven R. Brandt):
OK, currently this issue is preventing me from building on Shelob/Supermike. After digging in a little, I find that the problem is at least partly an issue with CACTUS_CONFIGS_DIR and CONFIGS_DIR. The main Cactus makefile sets CONFIGS_DIR to CACTUS_CONFIGS_DIR if CACTUS_CONFIGS_DIR is set.
Formaline, however, sets CACTUS_CONFIGS_DIR ?= $(CCTK_HOME)/configs in Formaline/src/make.configuration.deps. For some reason which I can't understand, CACTUS_CONFIGS_DIR is set to empty when it gets to this point. However, it seems to me, that all references to CACTUS_CONFIGS_DIR in Formaline/src/make.configuration.deps ought to instead refer to CONFIGS_DIR, which it should simply expect to be set.
When I make this change, unfortunately, I get the following error:
Thorns_Diagnostics/particle_tracerET ExternalLibraries/pthreads WVUThorns_Diagnostics/smallbPoynET ExternalLibraries/zlib Formaline: Committing source tree to git repository... Formaline: Created git tag build-icc-shelob1.hpc.lsu.edu-sbrandt-2019.03.19-16.14.53-21958 Formaline: Updated git branch config-icc-shelob1.hpc.lsu.edu-ddnA-project-sbrandt-chemora-Cactus Formaline: Pushing to master git repository... Formaline: Pushing to local git repository /ddnA/project/sbrandt/chemora/Cactus/../CactusSourceJar.git... Formaline: ERROR during: Pushing to local git repository Command was: /usr/bin/git --git-dir='/ddnA/project/sbrandt/chemora/Cactus/cactusjar.git/.git' push -v -f --all '/ddnA/project/sbrandt/chemora/Cactus/../CactusSourceJar.git' at /ddnA/project/sbrandt/chemora/Cactus/configs/icc/scratch/Formaline/bin/update-git-repo.pl line 60. make[1]: *** [/ddnA/project/sbrandt/chemora/Cactus/configs/icc/build/Formaline/git-store-source] Error 25 make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2236/formaline-fails-for-trying-to-remove-non