#2432: backport Baikal boundary handling fix to release branch
| Reporter: | Roland Haas |
| Status: | open |
| Milestone: | |
| Version: | ET_2020_05 |
| Type: | bug |
| Priority: | major |
| Component: | EinsteinToolkit thorn |
Comment (by Roland Haas):
Please see https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2288/#comment-58230880 for an explanation for why the currently observed behaviour does not show bug-freeness. As far as I can tell the current code depends on the fact that Carpet puts a non-zero poison value in cctk_bbox. If it was not doing so then the code would not run. The only reason that it does not fail is an accident.
Note that there is a difference between no error being observed with a single test run and the code being bug-free (the latter means that it is expected to work in all cases). I am not claiming that you are not seeing that things seem to work, I am claiming that they work only be accident and there is not guarantee they will continue to do so.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2432/backport-baikal-boundary-handling-fix-to