#2595: Modern Intel compilers struggle to compile McLachlan resulting in extremely long build times
| Reporter: | Gabriele Bozzola |
| Status: | new |
| Milestone: | |
| Version: | development version |
| Type: | bug |
| Priority: | minor |
| Component: |
As mentioned in ET Call on 09/02/22.
I am compiling a subset of the latest release of the Einstein Toolkit with one of latest version available of Intel oneAPI (2021.5). I am attaching thornlist and optionfile.
I see warnings like this:
/home/sbozzolo/storage/codes/einstein_toolkit/Cactus/configs/sim/build/ML_BSSN/ML_BSSN_EvolutionInteriorSplitBy2.cc(49): warning #16219: Some OpenMP processing was skipped to constrain compile time. Consider overriding limits (-qoverride-limits).
which essentially informs me that the compiler cannot optimize the code within a time frame that is heuristically determined.
As a result, compilation takes a very long time (several tens of minutes). I have seen this on other supercomputers with compilers from 2019.
(I don’t seem able to attach two files, so I am attaching only the option list. )
| attachment: | generic-intel.cfg |
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2595/modern-intel-compilers-struggle-to-compile