#2115: supermike II fails to compile
| Reporter: | Roland Haas |
| Status: | new |
| Milestone: | |
| Version: | development version |
| Type: | bug |
| Priority: | minor |
| Component: | SimFactory |
Comment (by Roland Haas):
Ok, it having been retired would have been too simple.
Unfortunately it is not dead code and is used (though not in the ET right now), please see https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2115/supermike-ii-fails-to-compile#comment-52788391 .
Given that this compiles on quite a number of other clusters (with Intel compilers) I wonder what makes it fail on Spruce Knob and the previous Mike setup.
I did a quick test on BlueWaters with the intel 16 compiler there. Since the failing code is:
class foo { foo(foo&&) = default; };
I created such a file and tried compiling it with icpc. All is well if I use the default settings:
icpc -c -std=c++11 foo.cc
However if instead I force icpc to use an old gcc version (4.3 in my case) then I get:
icpc -c -std=c++11 -gcc-name=/usr/bin/gcc-4.3 foo.cc foo.cc(2): error: invalid type for defaulted constructor foo(foo&&) = default; ^ compilation aborted for foo.cc (code 2)
N
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2115/supermike-ii-fails-to-compile