#2753: Add CarpetX thorns to Einstein Toolkit manifest
| Reporter: | Erik Schnetter |
| Status: | new |
| Milestone: | |
| Version: | |
| Type: | proposal |
| Priority: | major |
| Component: | Other |
Comment (by Samuel Cupp):
Sorry for not responding to this promptly. I do not have a complete list of machines that people are currently using. However, I know for sure people are using Deep Bayou, the INL machines, and Falcon. It looks like Falcon has gcc 12, which I believe has all of the '17 standard. Can you confirm what version of gcc is the minimum for CarpetX currently?
I don’t know what machines the RIT group is using, but it sounded like several of their machines probably don’t have access to C++17 (or anything beyond like 2011…).
I agree with Roland that it would likely be untenable to require C++17 by default to compile the toolkit.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2753/add-carpetx-thorns-to-einstein-toolkit