#619: launching jobs with simfactory without necessarily syncing the sources
| Reporter: | anonymous |
| Status: | new |
| Milestone: | |
| Version: | |
| Type: | enhancement |
| Priority: | minor |
| Component: | SimFactory |
Changes (by Roland Haas):
| assignee: | Roland Haas (was Erik Schnetter) |
| responsible: | [] (was []) |
I would like to launch jobs on a remote machine with simfactory without necessarily syncing the sources. Therefore, my Cactus directory on the remote machine is not necessarily the one guessed by simfactory in the simfactory/mdb/machines/*.ini files. For example on damiana currently simfactory wants Cactus to be in /home/baiotti/damiana/Cactus while my Cactus is in /home/baiotti/Cactus. So currently I get the error:
simfactory/bin/sim --remote damiana submit test --configuration sim_damiana --parfile=~/test.par --walltime=48:00:00 --procs=36 --queue=intel.q --num-threads=1 Warning: could not resolve hostname mbaiotti2 Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding. /home/baiotti/datura/Cactus: No such file or directory.
Could it be possible to have more freedom in specifying the Cactus directory on the remote machine? For the time being I have modified locally the damiana.ini file.
P.S. mbaiotti2 is the hostname of my laptop, from which I am sending the simfactory commands. I don't know why the above warning is printed (--verbose does not say more). I am using Version 1473M.
Keyword: simfactory
Keyword: remote
Keyword: directory
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/619/launching-jobs-with-simfactory-without