#2350: Conversion of units
| Reporter: | |
| Status: | new |
| Milestone: | |
| Version: | |
| Type: | enhancement |
| Priority: | minor |
| Component: | EinsteinToolkit thorn |
Dear Einstein toolkit users, There is a saying in Theoretical Physics that developing a new piece of theory usually takes 3 years. But it takes - at least - some more years for converting results from "natural" units to those which can be used by experimental physicists.
On this backgroup I would like to opt to add to std-output files a conversion table from units used by ET to SI Units, for example. But I leave it to commutiy to convince me that this was done severtal times before.
best wishes and have a nice week-end Peter from Kiel, Germany
btw: Some may be interested about my personal background. I'm doing CFD for some time, esp, applied to wind turbine aerodynamics. But I have a strong interest in Theoretical Physics and its history. I remember the 1979 Einstein centennial meeting where Ehlers, Penrose and others made some impressive presentations. Wheeler then was on the other side of the "iron curtain" (at the Humbold-University) meeting Klaus Fuchs whom he knowed from the Manhattan Project.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2350/conversion-of-units