#2890: CarpetX: crash/failed assertion in Z4c_RHS
Reporter:Miren Radia
Status:submitted
Milestone:
Version:development version
Type:bug
Priority:major
Component:CarpetX

Hello,

I’ve been trying to run a BH binary simulation with CarpetX on tursa (Nvidia A100 GPUs) but I seem to be running into problems with the code crashing/assertions failing that I can’t resolve. I have been using Liwei Ji’s development branches in order to use subcycling (following the guidance described here) so it’s possible my problems are related to this.

Please find attached the following:

Here’s the end of the output printed from the simulation (I have increased the verbosity):

INFO (CarpetX): Starting evolution...
INFO (CarpetX): Regridding...
INFO (CarpetX): Setting max_grid_size values for all levels before regridding
INFO (CarpetX): ErrorEst patch 0 level 0
INFO (CarpetX): ErrorEst patch 0 level 0 done. Set/clear/total=288/3808/4096=7%/93%/100%
INFO (CarpetX):   old levels 2, new levels 2
INFO (CarpetX):   level 0: 1 boxes, 4096 cells (100%)
INFO (CarpetX):   level 1: 1 boxes, 8192 cells (25%, 25%)
INFO (CarpetX): ScheduleTraverseGH iteration 1 CCTK_PRESTEP
INFO (CarpetX): ScheduleTraverseGH iteration 1 CCTK_EVOL
INFO (CarpetX): CallFunction iteratio

attachment:carpetx-subcycling.th
attachment:test-bbh-debug.out
attachment:test-bbh.par
attachment:tursa.cfg

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2890/carpetx-crash-failed-assertion-in-z4c_rhs