#2183: PAPI fails to compile with gcc 8
| Reporter: | Roland Haas |
| Status: | new |
| Milestone: | |
| Version: | development version |
| Type: | bug |
| Priority: | minor |
| Component: | EinsteinToolkit thorn |
Comment (by Federico Cipolletta):
Dear Roland,
Actually I was trying to run a test on green-prairies at CCRG at RIT, and although I was not having issues during compilation, but at runtime I received an error regarding the libpfm.so.4. In particular I had an error of this kind:
error while loading shared libraries: libpfm.so.4: cannot open shared objet file: No such file or directory
In reality, I searched into the cluster and found the libpfm.so.4 in /usr/lib64. On the other hand, also linking this path to the PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH and LIBRARY_PATH enviromental variables, did not changed anything.
At the end, after several trials, I managed to make the simulation run excluding ExternalLibraries/PAPI from the thornlist.
I don’t know how much this can be related to your issue, but maybe it could be usefule for new users.
Bye,
Federico Cipolletta.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2183/papi-fails-to-compile-with-gcc-8