#2176: Test "Binary neutron star" example
| Reporter: | Roland Haas |
| Status: | open |
| Milestone: | ET_2022_11 |
| Version: | development version |
| Type: | task |
| Priority: | major |
| Component: | EinsteinToolkit website |
Comment (by Bing-Jyun Tsao):
For 2022_11_ET BNS gallery test: when building from the thornlist ./simfactory/bin/sim build bns --thornlist thornlists/nsnstohmns.th, I got the following error when compiling the ExternalLibraries/LORENE thorn.
patching file Lorene/C++/Source/Bin_hor/Makefile patch: **** can't open file Lorene/C++/Source/Bin_hor/Makefile_lib : Too many open files make[3]: *** [/home/bt22824/2022_11_ETK/Cactus/arrangements/ExternalLibraries/LORENE/src/make.code.deps:14: /home/bt22824/2022_11_ETK/Cactus/configs/bns/scratch/done/LORENE] Error 2 make[2]: *** [/home/bt22824/2022_11_ETK/Cactus/lib/make/make.thornlib:113: make.checked] Error 2 make[1]: *** [/home/bt22824/2022_11_ETK/Cactus/lib/make/make.configuration:179: /home/bt22824/2022_11_ETK/Cactus/configs/bns/lib/libthorn_LORENE.a] Error 2
For reference, here are the commands I used to download the current master version of ET
curl -kLO https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gridaphobe/CRL/master/GetComponents chmod a+x GetComponents ./GetComponents --parallel --shallow https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/manifest/raw/master/einsteintoolkit.th ./GetComponents http://einsteintoolkit.org/gallery/bns/nsnstohmns.th
This actually also occurs in an older ETK version I had (2021_05) when compiling the new thornlist nsnstohmns.th from 2022_05 release.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2176/test-binary-neutron-star-example