#2315: Issues compiling with gcc7.3 with c++17
Reporter:Samuel Tootle
Status:new
Milestone:
Version:Cactus_4.2.0
Type:bug
Priority:minor
Component:Carpet

I’m currently in the process of installing Carpet via the latest repo of WhiskyTHC. See attached thornlist for details of versions.

During installation with gcc7.3 with -std=c++17, I continue to receive “error: reference to ‘data’ is ambiguous” related to the implementation of data.cc using overlapping namespaces with std (see attached make_thc.err for details).

I have obtained the same errors using Intel 2019. If I use Intel 2017, this error does not occur.

I came across issue 1121 which seemed similar in nature, but this was a much older compiler and I did not find a solution (compiler flag or the like) that would resolve the issue I was seeing. Additionally, I have attached the config file I am using which details compiler flags, declared variables etc.

Thank you for the assistance

attachment:https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/repositories/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2315/attachments/full.th
attachment:https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/repositories/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2315/attachments/make_thc.err
attachment:https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/repositories/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2315/attachments/make_thc.log
attachment:https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/repositories/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2315/attachments/thc.cfg

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2315/issues-compiling-with-gcc73-with-c-17