#2400: Compiling OpenBLAS from source produces strange error message
Reporter:
Status:new
Milestone:
Version:
Type:bug
Priority:major
Component:Other

Trying to compile OpenBLAS from the included tarball (0.2.19.a) produces a strange error message (gcc 9.3.1):

gcc -g -std=gnu99 -O2 -fopenmp -Wall -O2 -DMAX_STACK_ALLOC=2048 -Wall -m64 -DF_INTERFACE_GFORT -fPIC -DSMP_SERVER -DNO_WARMUP -DMAX_CPU_NUMBER=24 -DASMNAME= -DASMFNAME=_ -DNAME=_ -DCNAME= -DCHAR_NAME=\"_\" -DCHAR_CNAME=\"\" -DNO_AFFINITY -I.. -rdynamic -w -o linktest linktest.c ../libopenblas_nehalemp-r0.2.19.so -L/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/9 -L/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/9/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu -L/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/9/../../../../lib -L/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -L/lib/../lib -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -L/usr/lib/../lib -L/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/9/../../..  -lgfortran -lm -lquadmath -lm -lc  NAME=/data/rhaas/postdoc/gr/cactus/CactusAMReX/configs/amrex/lib/libthorn_OpenBLAS.a  && echo OK.
gcc: error: NAME=/data/rhaas/postdoc/gr/cactus/CactusAMReX/configs/amrex/lib/libthorn_OpenBLAS.a: No such file or directory
make[5]: *** [Makefile:134: ../libopenblas_nehalemp-r0.2.19.so] Error 1

As far as I can tell the incorrect string may (though I have no idea really) produced by c_check and in particular the line:

    $link = `$compiler_name -c ctest2.c -o ctest2.o 2>&1 && $compiler_name $openmp -v ctest2.o -o ctest2 2>&1 && rm -f ctest2.o ctest2 ctest2.exe`;

which sets $link to the output of gcc -v for a compiler call. Possibly this goes away when updating the tarball.

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2400/compiling-openblas-from-source-produces