#2413: Include "POWER" code to extrapolate waveforms to scri+ into ET
| Reporter: | Roland Haas |
| Status: | open |
| Milestone: | |
| Version: | |
| Type: | task |
| Priority: | major |
| Component: | EinsteinToolkit thorn |
Comment (by Maria):
Roland,
In your documentation, you write: “Please consult the output of power.py --help for details on the supported command line options.“
Running ./power.py --help, as you instructed, gives me a long list of options, and I am overwhelmed. I read that I need to “Use
'QuasiLocalMeasures' or ‘QLM' to deduce fromquasilocalmeasures-qlm_scalars..asc (the default)”. I don’t have quasilocalmeasures-qlm_scalars..asc as output. Is there another way to recover those parameters without redoing the runs?
An example on how to use the script with BNS data will be much appreciated. If not, a short instruction on how do I find the steering parameters will be useful. Or, if this is possible only within Python, a short example of what functions should be called to obtain the necessary parameters.
Oh, one more thing: please include in the documentation the essential lines that must be included in the par file, in order to be able to use POWER.
There is this:
______________________________
WeylScal4::fdOrder = 8
WeylScal4::calc_scalars = "psis"
WeylScal4::calc_invariants = "always"
Multipole::nradii = 7
Multipole::radius[0] = 100
Multipole::radius[1] = 115
Multipole::radius[2] = 136
Multipole::radius[3] = 167
Multipole::radius[4] = 214
Multipole::radius[5] = 300
Multipole::radius[6] = 500
Multipole::ntheta = 120
Multipole::nphi = 240
Multipole::variables = "WeylScal4::Psi4r{sw=-2 cmplx='WeylScal4::Psi4i' name='psi4'}"
Multipole::out_every = 512
Multipole::l_max = 4 #8
Multipole::output_hdf5 = yes
Multipole::output_ascii = no
___________________________
Besides, shall one add quasilocalmeasures-qlm_scalars..asc?
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2413/include-power-code-to-extrapolate