#2413: Include "POWER" code to extrapolate waveforms to scri+ into ET
Reporter:Roland Haas
Status:open
Milestone:
Version:
Type:task
Priority:major
Component:EinsteinToolkit thorn

Comment (by Maria):

Roland, I added the parameters for outputting psi4.h5 to the nsnstohmns.par. This is what I added:

______________________________
WeylScal4::fdOrder = 8
WeylScal4::calc_scalars = "psis"
WeylScal4::calc_invariants = "always"

Multipole::nradii = 7
Multipole::radius[0] = 100
Multipole::radius[1] = 115
Multipole::radius[2] = 136
Multipole::radius[3] = 167
Multipole::radius[4] = 214
Multipole::radius[5] = 300
Multipole::radius[6] = 500
Multipole::ntheta = 120
Multipole::nphi = 240
Multipole::variables = "WeylScal4::Psi4r{sw=-2 cmplx='WeylScal4::Psi4i' name='psi4'}"
Multipole::out_every = 512
Multipole::l_max = 4 #8
Multipole::output_hdf5 = yes

Multipole::output_ascii = no

___________________________

One other change I made was to increase the boundary points and ghost points to 4.

I do have a problem with the nsnstohmns.par grid settings. The way is it now: N=396, dx = 18

I am getting interpolation error:

WARNING level 1 from host babiuct7910-1 process 0
while executing schedule bin CCTK_ANALYSIS, routine Multipole::Multipole_Calc
in thorn AEILocalInterp, file /home/babiuc/Cactus/arrangements/Numerical/AEILocalInterp/src/Hermite/../template.c:1109:
->
CCTK_InterpLocalUniform():
interpolation point is either outside the grid,
or inside but too close to the grid boundary!
(this may be caused by a global interpolation with
driver::ghost_size too small)
0-origin interpolation point number pt=13469 of N_interp_points=13470
interpolation point (x,y,z)=(237.748,116.683,424.1)
grid x_

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2413/include-power-code-to-extrapolate