#2252: need for the updating of the submit script template for Cori
| Reporter: | |
| Status: | open |
| Milestone: | |
| Version: | ET_2018_09 |
| Type: | bug |
| Priority: | major |
| Component: | SimFactory |
Comment (by Roland Haas):
I am not quite sure yet if this is working as expected. The SMT thread assignment may be off. I did two test runs one using srun -n 4 --threads-per-core 2 -c 16 and one using srun -n 4 --threads-per-core 1 -c 16 both for a 2 node submission. In both cases I get
This process runs on 16 cores: 0-7, 32-39 Thread 0 runs on 16 cores: 0-7, 32-39
which given the usual logical-cpu to thread mapping are (I think) 16 hardware threads on 8 cores which is not quite what was intended (namely it should have been 16 cores) and leaves some cores empty. In particular the srun -n 4 --threads-per-core 1 -c 16 version should have used only 1 thread per core.
These runs did not use SystemTopology. I will try with it next which may give some more insight.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2252/need-for-the-updating-of-the-submit-script