#2391: IOASCII should be moved to PUGHIOASCII and IOASCII should load PUGHIOASCII if PUGH and CarpetIOASCII if Carpet
| Reporter: | Zach Etienne |
| Status: | new |
| Milestone: | |
| Version: | |
| Type: | bug |
| Priority: | minor |
| Component: |
I modified an existing PUGH parfile in the ETK (repos/einsteininitialdata/IDAnalyticBH/test/test_bl.par) to use the Carpet driver instead of PUGH. In doing so I forgot to use CarpetIOASCII instead of IOASCII. The result was an unhelpful assertion failure:
\$ETKEXEC: $ETKDIR/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetSlab/src/Get.cc:65: CCTK_INT4 CarpetSlab::CarpetSlab_GetList(CCTK_POINTER_TO_CONST, CCTK_INT4, CCTK_INT4, const CCTK_INT4*, const CCTK_INT4*, const CCTK_INT4*, const CCTK_INT4*, void* const*, CCTK_INT4*): Assertion `procs' failed.
Rank 0 with PID 18861 received signal 6
The failure disappeared when I loaded CarpetIOASCII. It’d be nice and more consistent to just have IOASCII just load the appropriate *IOASCII thorn instead of the PUGH version.
Parfile to reproduce the error may be found below.
| attachment: | https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/repositories/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2391/attachments/test_bl.par |
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2391/ioascii-should-be-moved-to-pughioascii-and