#2539: Unable to compile on Ubuntu 20.04 or run executable
| Reporter: | Jason Kodish |
| Status: | new |
| Milestone: | |
| Version: | ET_2021_05 |
| Type: | bug |
| Priority: | blocker |
| Component: | SimFactory |
I have attempted to compile the toolkit per https://github.com/nds-org/jupyter-et/blob/master/CactusTutorial.ipynb
It goes along until getting to this point and stops:
COMPILING Carpet/CarpetLib/src/prolongate_4d_o1_rf2.cc
make[2]: *** [/home/cenobyte/Cactus/lib/make/make.thornlib:113: make.checked] Error 2
make[1]: *** [/home/cenobyte/Cactus/lib/make/make.configuration:179: /home/cenobyte/Cactus/configs/sim/lib/libthorn_ML_CCZ4.a] Error 2
Creating /home/cenobyte/Cactus/configs/sim/lib/libthorn_CarpetLib.a
make: *** [Makefile:265: sim] Error 2
Some googling has suggested those errors can be ignored (Can they be?), but when I try to run the HelloWorld test example I get this:
./simfactory/bin/sim create-run helloworld --parfile arrangements/CactusExamples/HelloWorld/par/HelloWorld.par
Parameter file: /home/cenobyte/Cactus/arrangements/CactusExamples/HelloWorld/par/HelloWorld.par
Error: Executable /home/cenobyte/Cactus/exe/cactus_sim for configuration sim does not exist or is not readable
Aborting Simfactory.
Is this because of the failed compile or something else?
Not sure how to fix that.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2539/unable-to-compile-on-ubuntu-2004-or-run