#2299: Proposal: Add BaikalETK to the Toolkit
Reporter:Zach Etienne
Status:open
Milestone:ET_2020_05
Version:
Type:enhancement
Priority:major
Component:

Comment (by helvi witek):

Updated report -- response to Zach's response (18 May 2020)

SUMMARY: All my comments have been addressed and corrected. So, I'm giving my OK to include the code.

**** BaikalVacuum
** Yep, see responses to Baikal.

HW: OK

‌

** Both thorns are generated using the same notebook, simultaneously. Regardless this is a good point
** (BaikalVacuum currently has no doc directory), so I added documentation.tex files along the lines
** Roland suggested (include a short description and links to the full documentation).

HW: OK

** bench-* is for benchmarking purposes only; it only outputs to a bare minimum of files to avoid
** file I/O from causing noisy benchmarks. qc0-*.par is for science, outputting all the usual diagnostics files.

HW: that's what I guessed. It may be worthwhile noting this in the script or README.

** Symmetries aren't yet fully tested so I cannot vouch that they are 100% functional.
** I have added documentation to this effect in the thorns' doc/documentation.tex files.

HW: OK

‌

**** NRPy+ Jupyter notebook (15 May 2020)

** These links work fine in the live Jupyter session, and point to a syntax-highlighed (editable) version of the Python file.
** Indeed in the read-only nbviewer (https://nbviewer.jupyter.org/github/zachetienne/nrpytutorial/blob/master/Tutorial-BaikalETK.ipynb),,)
** the editor is disabled and the user will find a 404 error instead. I updated the links to just open the files as read-only text files
** (without syntax highlighting, oh well).

HW: OK

‌

** This is how we enforce trA=0. I have added comments to this effect to the BSSN_RHSs tutorial, with an equation reference to Brown 2009:
*

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2299/proposal-add-baikaletk-to-the-toolkit