#2516: Different simulation result with different number of cores setting
| Reporter: | |
| Status: | open |
| Milestone: | |
| Version: | ET_2019_10 |
| Type: | bug |
| Priority: | major |
| Component: |
Comment (by Ken Hui):
Thanks for the suggestion on the MoL parameter setting, I will give a try on that.
You mentioned that OpenMP might give different result due to the unfixed order of operations, but I have got exactly the same output data (I have been comparing is mainly the h+ hx in mp_Psi4_l2_m2_rXXX.00.asc and the rho_maximum in hydrobase-rho.scalars.asc) with no discrepancy at all if I ran the simulation again with the same number of core setting, does that mean the problem is not related to OpenMP?
For all simulations I have done, I start the simulation from scratch each time (reading from the BNS initial data all over again), so probably the issue I am having is not related to the checkpoint/recovery part.
Anyway thanks again for the suggestion, I will try re-run the simulations to see if I still got very different output using different core number.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2516/different-simulation-result-with-different